This sauce is smooth and crunchy. The smoothness comes from the peanut butter dressing. The crunchiness comes from the peanuts and fresh vegetables that combine with the dressing to complete the sauce.
Makes about 5 cups sauce, enough to coat 1 pound/500 gr pasta
Peanut butter dressing
1 cup natural, unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter
1 1/2 cups water
1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, chopped coarsely
1 tsp lecithin granules
1 tsp flax seeds, ground
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3/4 tsp coarse salt
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or other spicy ground pepper
1 Tbsp Tamari sauce
1/3 cup peanuts, roasted
3 Tbsp sesame seeds, roasted
3/4 cup green cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup carrots, sliced thinly
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Put all the peanut butter dressing ingredients in a a food processor or blender and process until very smooth.
- Put all the peanut-veggie mix ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the dressing onto the peanut mix and stir well to coat.
- Serve on your favorite nutritious noodles.
- Tofu chunks sauted in olive oil and tamari sauce would be a nice addition.
- The sauce is unheated so it’s especially nice to eat during the warmer months.