Chocolate and crispie rice cereal (brown rice, of course) are a yummy dessert combination. Peanut butter binds them and agave, coconut, and yellow raisins sweeten them. Slivered almonds add extra crunch. This dessert satisfies the sweet tooth and nourishes the body at the same time. Yumtritious!
2/3 cup natural peanut butter
(The peanut butter I use is thin. If your peanut butter is thick, add 1 Tbsp coconut oil or other vegetable oil.)
1/4 cup agave syrup
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
3 Tbsp chopped yellow raisins
3 Tbsp slivered almonds
3 cups brown rice crispie cereal (preferably unsweetened)
- In a medium size bowl, mix the peanut butter and agave until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add the coconut, raisins, and almonds and mix.
- Add the cereal and mix until all the cereal pieces are well coated.
- Place the mixture into an 8 x 8 inch/20 x 20 cm baking dish, and spread it evenly. Press down firmly to solidify the mixture. (I used an offset spatula to press it down evenly, but a large spoon works fine too.)
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, then remove it for cutting. The mixture will be firm, but not frozen and easy to cut into squares. Cut the mixture into the square size you prefer.
- Return the baking dish to the freezer or refrigerator to firm up more.